Education & trainingBlythe House staff facilitate education and training workshops and retreats for healthcare professionals and the general public on a regular basis and these cover a range of subjects. Like many other hospices, we believe that it is part of our role to educate others in the areas we know about. We have a strong learning culture and good training facilities. People find our venue comfortable and feel welcome. They also value the chance to network with others working in their field.
"A brilliant and informative day."
"Thoroughly enjoyed the course. I hope to attend more in the future."
"It helps me to be a robust practitioner."
"I now have more confidence and clarity."
Opening the Spiritual Gate Training Day
Friday 3rd November 9am - 4pm
A Day for those caring for people with supportive and palliative needs.
The training provides raising awareness and developing skills in the following:
- To understand how to have a spiritual conversation
- To consider how to assess spiritual needs
- To document, record and communicate spiritual needs
- To consider how to begin to address spiritual needs
Trainers: Simon Cocksedge and Michael Dadson.
Places are limited to 20. Free to attend (please bring your own lunch)
Mindful Compassion Retreats 2017
A series of one-day retreats, each with its own theme. All of the retreats focus on personal meditation practice and how to develop this within the theme of the retreat.
Saturday 23rd September: 'Touching Peace'
Saturday 2nd December: 'Letting Go and New Beginnings'
Each retreat begins at 10am and finishes at 5pm.
The cost of each retreat is £65, and includes a vegetarian lunch and light refreshments.
Mindful Compassion Facilitator Training
This programme consists of three weekend training sessions at Blythe House Hospice, plus a five-day residential retreat.
Dates as follows:
- 30th Sept - 1st October 2017
- 13th - 14th January & 17th - 18th March 2018
- Residential Retreat 11th - 15th May 2018
The training provides the opportunity to learn how to be a facilitator of the
eight-week Mindful Compassion (MC) programme developed at Blythe House,
which can be used across a variety of healthcare and public settings.
- gain a deeper level of understanding into a very practical way of developing self-care and learning to adopt a more mindful and compassionate way of living
- develop understanding and experience of the theory, science and practices
- gain experience in the facilitation and management of MC groups.
Requirements to access this training:
- Completion of the 8-week MC programme at Blythe House Hospice
- Attendance at a Macmillan MC Training Weekend
- Evidence of training with other MC approaches
Facilitators: David Oldham, Counsellor / MC Teacher/ Practitioner and Ann Burgoyne, Macmillan Living Well Service Lead Practitioner/ MC Facilitator.
Places are limited to 16. Cost: £850
Payment can be made in three instalments:
- £350 when booking a place.
- Two further instalments of £250, with final payment no later than 1st December 2017.
All profits from this programme will go to Blythe House Hospice.
To book your place on any of the above, please contact Nicki Theaker on 01298 875086 or contact us here.
Registered name: High Peak Hospicecare. Registered Charity No. 1031192. Registered Company No. 2880281.